Synchronoss is the mobile innovation leader that provides personal cloud solutions and software-based activation for connected devices across the globe. Synchronoss’ industry-leading customers include tier 1 service providers such as AT&T Inc., Verizon Wireless and Vodafone, tier 1 cable operators/MSOs such as Cablevision, Charter Communications, Comcast, and Time Warner Cable and large OEMs such as Apple, Dell, Panasonic and Nokia. These customers utilize Synchronoss’ platforms, technology and services to service both consumer and business customers, including over 300 of the Fortune 500 companies.
Synchronoss partnered with AAXIS to re-platform their existing commerce system over to ATG and develop a sophisticated B2B2B2C online order capturing system for their customers Time Warner Cable and Charter. Time Warner uses Synchronoss to provide order capture and service provisioningof cable, internet and phone services. Time Warner also supports six unique regions within the US, each with 100’s of unique pricing rules across all service offerings and bundles.
The Solution & Results
- Built online order capture system allowing orders to initiate and transact between Synchronoss, Time Warner and Charter, local reseller partners of Time Warner and Charter, and the end consumer. (Technically this is a B2B2B2C ecommerce environment.)
- Dramatically increased the accuracy of order details captured, meeting the goal of over 95% accuracy.
- Significantly reduced call center calls from customers, due to increased accuracy of orders.
- Significantly reduced time to process orders, due to the fact that over 95% of orders were automatically entered into the system. Prior to AAXIS’ commerce solution, orders would take days to process and required heavy amounts of manual checking and corrections.
- AAXIS greatly improved the logical architecture of how product pricing and package bundles were organized and managed for both Time Warner and Charter.
- Due to the success of the ATG-based “rules engine” designed to simplify management of business rules between products, pricing rules, and packages, Time Warner and Charter were able to begin offering their full suite of services, in every type of combination, across cable, internet and phone. This new online selling capability contributed significantly to new, incremental revenue.
- AAXIS developed “site personalization” capabilities that provided Marketing teams with the power to run more effective Promotions online, while creating highly relevant content that helped increase site conversions.