About Musician’s Friend
Musician’s Friend was founded in 1983 and was acquired by Guitar Center in 2010. Today, Musician’s Friend and Guitar Center together offer the most comprehensive selection of products in the music business and represent the largest chain of musical instrument retailers in the world with 250 locations throughout the United States and ranking in at #44 on the Internet Retailer Top 500 list.
In July, 2012, Musician’s Friend (internet retailer #44) engaged AAXIS Commerce to improve on-site search capabilities and provide a solution to allow the Marketing teams to make frequent, quick content and page design changes to their websites, without having to wait for IT. AAXIS solved both of these critical needs by replacing ATG Web Commerce Search with Oracle Endeca Guided Search and leveraging the capabilities of Oracle Endeca Experience Manager to empower the Marketing teams to easily update and control key aspects of the customer experience.
Back in 2009, Musician’s Friend partnered with AAXIS Commerce to develop a complete commerce solution based on the Oracle ATG Commerce platform. The initiative included new commerce sites for both the Musician’s Friend and Music 123 brands. AAXIS Commerce has remained Musician’s Friend’s Oracle Commerce solution provider since.
The Solution & Results
Oracle Endeca Guided Search
- Improved quality and relevancy of product search results.
- Allowed users to easily narrow search results by ~20 different product related attributes, such as ‘brand’, ‘price’, ‘customer rating’, ‘color’, ‘style’, etc.
- Provided users with a ‘guided navigation’ experience, at the product category and sub-category level, offering relevant suggestions to users.
- Provided website administrators with user-friendly tools to manage ‘search relevancy rules’, with the ability to automatically prioritize the ranking of products based on business rules, such as ‘inventory levels’, ‘number of days on site’, ‘days remaining in promotions’, etc.
Oracle Endeca Experience Manager
- Improved controls to make real-time content changes to the site, without IT involvement.
- Provided more control of customer experience, to increase conversion rates, by improving controls to create and test different webpage layouts and designs.
- Developed integration between ATG and Heiler. Heiler was the Product Information Management (PIM) system which managed taxonomy, product, brand and media data for the enterprise.
- Implemented TIBCO to handle the data transformation process between Heiler and ATG.
- Optimized flow processes between Heiler, TIBCO and ATG.