Ferguson realized several years ago that their ability to leverage digital technologies to improve how their customers were able to do business with them, was going to be a key factor in allowing them to remain a leader in their industry, continue to grow and to successfully combat disruption coming from touch competition in the market. With over 2,400 retail locations, 23,000 associates, and over $14B in revenue, Ferguson’s efforts to create highly engaging, effective, omni-channel experiences was going to be no small effort.
- Real-time omni-channel inventory across 1,300 stores and 10 DCs
- Site redesign with more intuitive navigation (IA), product search, page designs and checkout (UX). Approvals workflow
- Simplified quoting and contracts process with custom quoting.
- Quick Ordering and quick re-ordering
- Guest user access to product catalogs and checkout.
- Accounting workflow
- Bill Pay/Invoicing
- Dozens of customer “self service” features.
- Reduction in cost of sales due to a significant increase in self-service orders and reduction in customer service calls.
- Increase in average number of products purchased per order.
- Faster quoting and contracting process, resulting in improved customer satisfaction.
- Improved conversion rates, due to easier and faster self-service checkout process.
- Increase in site visits from mobile and tablet devices, due to new responsive design.