A South American retail giant, Falabella has multi-national operations and three major online retail brands in distinct regional markets (department store, home improvement, and grocery).
AAXIS Commerce first began working with Falabella in late 2009 when the company was seeking to re-platform its existing eCommerce platform with a more robust solution for its Falabella and Sodimac channels in Chile and Argentina and to open new online markets in Colombia and Peru.
- Successfully launched new online channels in Peru and Colombia for the Falabella stores in 2010.
- The team continued to assist in the roll out of Chile-based sites for both stores, launching the Sodimac and Falabella sites in 2011.
- Improved performance and scalability of commerce platform and quality of shopping experience.
- Provided more control of customer experience, to increase conversion rates, by improving controls to create and test different webpage layouts and designs.
- Improved controls to make real-time content changes to the site, without IT involvement.
AAXIS Services Provided
In addition to leveraging the AAXIS team’s expertise to drive the technical implementation of their world-class eCommerce platform, Falabella turned to the firm for eCommerce business consulting and outsourcing services. AAXIS assisted Falabella’s centralized IT group with a two-phased organizational restructuring effort to help maximize the effectiveness of the new initiatives and technology. AAXIS also provided on-site staff in Chile and additional dedicated staff based in China to bolster Falabella’s production support team. AAXIS personnel continue to support Falabella’s eCommerce initiatives today. Argentina-based implementation for Falabella is scheduled to go live in 2012.
AAXIS provided deep technical skills to successfully launch the new online channels in Peru and Colombia… continued to assist in the roll out of Chile-based sites for both stores, launching in 2012
VP Ecommerce, Falabella